Freeware License Agreement
BY SELECTING “I Agree” AND CLICKING “Next” AND INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE SELECTED IN THE PREVIOUS STEP (THE “PRODUCT”), YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND BECOME A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT AS THE “LICENSEE.” IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE PRODUCT, AND YOU DO NOT BECOME A LICENSEE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
1. License Agreement. As used in this Agreement, “ISG” shall mean The Integrated to reproduce and use for personal or internal business purposes the executable code version of the Product, provided any copy must contain all of the original proprietary notices. This license does not entitle Licensee to receive from ISG hard-copy documentation, technical support, telephone assistance, or enhancements or updates to the Product. If more than one license agreement was provided for the Product, and the terms vary, the order of precedence of those license agreements is as follows: a signed agreement, a license agreement available for review on the ISG website, a printed or electronic agreement that states clearly that it supersedes other agreements, a printed agreement provided with the Product, an electronic agreement provided with the Product. ISG may terminate this Agreement at any time, for any reason or no reason. ISG may also terminate this Agreement if Licensee breaches any of its terms and conditions. Upon termination, Licensee shall destroy all copies of the Product.
2. Restrictions. Without ISG’s prior written consent, Licensee may not: (i) modify or create any derivative works of the Product or documentation, including customization, translation or localization; (ii) decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Product (except to the extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction); (iii) redistribute, encumber, sell, rent, lease, sublicense, or otherwise transfer rights to the Product; (iv) remove or alter any trademark, logo, copyright or other proprietary notices, legends, symbols or labels in the Product; or (v) publish any results of benchmark tests run on the Product to a third party.
3. Fees. There is no license fee for the Product. The Product is not available on media. Licensee is responsible for any applicable taxes.
4. Proprietary Rights. Title, ownership rights, and intellectual property rights in the Product shall remain in ISG and/or its suppliers. The Product is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties.
5. Disclaimer of Warranty. THE PRODUCT IS PROVIDED FREE OF CHARGE, AND, THEREFORE, ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES THAT IT IS FREE OF DEFECTS, VIRUS FREE, ABLE TO OPERATE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED BASIS, MERCHANTABLE, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGING. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY CONSTITUTES AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS AGREEMENT. NO USE OF THE PRODUCT IS AUTHORIZED HEREUNDER EXCEPT UNDER THIS DISCLAIMER.
6. Limitation of Liability. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL ISG OR ITS AFFILIATES OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF, AND REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) UPON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED. IN ANY CASE, ISG’S COLLECTIVE LIABILITY UNDER ANY PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT EXCEED IN THE AGGREGATE THE SUM OF THE FEES LICENSEE PAID FOR THIS LICENSE (IF ANY). SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
7. Export Control. Licensee agrees to comply with all export laws, restrictions and regulations of the United States or foreign agencies or authorities, and not to export or re-export the Product or any direct product thereof in violation of any such restrictions, laws or regulations, or without all necessary approvals. As applicable, each party shall obtain and bear all expenses relating to any necessary licenses and/or exemptions with respect to its own export of the Product from the U.S. By installing or using the Product, Licensee agrees to the foregoing and, represents and warrants that it complies with these conditions.
8. U.S. Government End-Users. The Product is a “commercial item,” as that term is defined in 48 C.F.R. 2.101 (Oct. 1995), consisting of “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation,” as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Sept. 1995). Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4 (June 1995), all U.S. Government End-Users acquire the Product with only those rights set forth herein.
9. Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties concerning the subject matter hereof, and may be amended only by a writing signed by both parties. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions. All disputes relating to this Agreement are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Massachusetts and you expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of Massachusetts in connection with any such dispute including any claim involving ISG. This Agreement shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. If any provision in this Agreement should be held illegal or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be modified to the extent necessary to render it enforceable without losing its intent, or severed from this Agreement if no such modification is possible, and other provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, shall not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. If any dispute arises under this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be reimbursed by the other party for any and all legal fees and costs associated therewith.
10. Licensee Outside the U.S. If Licensee is located outside the U.S., then the provisions of this Section shall apply. Les parties aux presentes confirment leur volonte que cette convention de meme que tous les documents y compris tout avis qui s’y rattache, soient rediges en langue anglaise. (translation: “The parties confirm that this Agreement and all related documentation is and will be in the English language.”)